Thursday, June 2, 2011

Studio J


This month's special from Close to my Heart is giving everybody a FREE Studio J JPG file! Now if you know me at all, you already know that I'm not terribly computer friendly. I'll use them and can manage basic tasks without much trouble (most days anyway), but I don't particularly enjoy them. In the past few years, digital scrapbooking has become a trend that I've stayed away from... until today! I figured that since I'm now a CTMH consultant AND they're offering a FREE trial of Studio J, I've got nothing to lose! So this morning I logged on and whipped up this layout. I was absolutely amazed at how quick and easy it was; it was even kind of fun! You just upload your photos to the program, pick your "paper pack" (the papers you're going to use for your layout), pick your layout, and then drag and drop everything! And believe me, this program has EVERYTHING!! You can add ribbon, metal embellishments, buttons, distressing.... the possibilities are endless! Some of the layouts even give you "hints" as to where to place embellishments (the program refers to these hints as "toggles"). Or you can turn the "toggle" function off and add your own "real" embellishments after you've printed the page. How great is that! I cheated a little and had my layouts printed at Costco this afternoon, since I need them for a gathering I'm having tomorrow night. Normally I'd have them printed through CTMH and have them shipped to me. It's always good to know that you can upload and print the images locally though if you need them in a pinch! So if I can manage to do this, I'm sure you can! So I challenge you to give it a whirl - you've got nothing to lose since you get one free file this month! I've even added a nifty Studio J button to my blog so you can just click on it and go directly to the Studio J site to get started. Happy scrapping!

1 comment: